About the Apostolic Blessings
As is the case with all religious articles, nothing blessed can be sold. It is only after an article is made and sold that it can be blessed by a Priest. Consider the St. Benedict Medal as an example. The Papal indulgences of the St. Benedict Medal were granted by Pope Benedict XIV in the year 1742. That was 272 years ago, but the Indulgences granted by the Pope are in perpetuity. The indulgences are not imparted to the Medal the moment it is made, otherwise the St. Benedict Medal, or any religious item for that matter, could never be sold. It is only after the medal is made and sold that it can be blessed by a priest. As the Priest blesses the article it is then the indulgences of the Pope are imparted to the St. Benedict medal.
The same follows for the Apostolic Blessings from Popes' Benedict and Pope Francis for the Holy Mass Crucifix which are in perpetuity. Included are the Indulgences of the St. Benedict Medal which is on the back of every Holy Mass Crucifix, Pendant and Rosary crucifix. It is only after the Holy Mass Crucifix is made and sold that a Priest would bless the Holy Mass Crucifix. When the Priestly blessing is imparted it is then the Apostolic Blessings and Indulgneces of 3 Popes are imparted to the Holy Mass Crucifix.
Numerous Priests have stated the Holy Mass Crucifix is hated by Satan more than he hates other Sacramentals for the following reasons:
1) Satan hates the Mass more than anything else, and the Holy Mass Crucifix shows us that Calvary is present to all of time and place in the Holy Mass, and that we receive the Body and Blood of the Lord at Mass.
2) Satan hates the Priesthood, and the Holy Mass Crucifix shows us that Christ continues to make the reality of Calvary present to us through the hands of the Priest.
3) The Holy Mass Crucifix, when worn as a pendant over the heart, that the heart literally becomes the Throne of God when we receive the Body and Blood of the Lord.
4) When worn as a pendant the Holy Mass Crucifix is also a sign of Christ suffering in His Mystical Body as St. Paul teaches us when he says, "In my own flesh I make up what is lacking in the passion of Christ, for the sake of His body, the Church." And also, "We carry around the death of Christ in our body ..." "So that while death is at work in us, life is at work in you."
5) These Sacramentals impart grace to help souls come back to Holy Mass, to get closer to Holy Mass, and to unite their day to the Holy Mass.
6) And among other reasons, the St. Benedict medal, with all of its indulgences when blessed, is on the back of every Holy Mass Crucfix.
Who receives the Papal Blessings of Pope Benedict and Pope Francis?
This Apostolate has been granted the Papal Apostolic Blessing which means this Apostolate is a 'Work of the Church,' and to the Holy Mass Crucifixes. Anyone who gifts these crucifixes for any occasion, according to the intentions and spirit of this Apostolate, is a beneficiary of the Apostolic Blessing because their actions further this Apostolate. Once blessed by a Priest anyone who prays with these Crucifixes, or wears them for the intentions of this Apostolate receives the benefits of the Apostolic Blessings of Pope Benedict and Pope Francis. Additionally, the blessings and indulgences granted to the St. Benedict Medal in 1742 by Pope Benedict XIV are imparted to the St. Benedict Medal which is molded into the back of every Holy Mass Crucifix. This means the blessings and indulgences of 3 Popes come together in the Holy Mass Crucifix.
Prayer for the Blessing of the St. Benedict Medal on the back of the Holy Mass Crucifix
Medals of St. Benedict may be blessed by any priest (Instr. Sept. 26, 1964). The following English form may be used.
V. Our help is in the name of the Lord. R. Who made heaven and earth.
In the name of God the Father + almighty, who made heaven and earth, the seas and all that is in them, I exorcise these medals against the power and attacks of the evil one. May all who use these medals devoutly be blessed with health of soul and body. In the name of the Father + almighty, of his Son + Jesus Christ our Lord, and of the Holy + Spirit the Paraclete, and in the love of the same Lord Jesus Christ who will come on the last day to judge the living and the dead, and the world by fire.
Let us pray. Almighty God, the boundless source of all good things, we humbly, ask that, through the intercession of St. Benedict, you pour out your blessings + upon these medals. May those who use them devoutly and earnestly strive to perform good works be blessed by you with health of soul and body, the grace of a holy life, and remission of the temporal punishment due to sin. May they also, with the help of your merciful love, resist the temptations of the evil one and strive to exercise true charity and justice toward all, so that one day they may appear sinless and holy in your sight. This we ask through Christ our Lord. R. Amen.
The medals are then sprinkled with holy water.
To purchase a Holy Mass Crucifix, Pendant, or Rosary click HERE
The Prolife Holy Mass Crucifix 2" and 3" Pendant is shown here, and will soon be available.